A Making A Mark Guide: Sketching Plein Air with Coloured Pencils - AVAILABLE NOWThe following publication is available as a pdf file and can be downloaded for free for personal educational use only (see copyright notice).
What the guide covers
This guide is about a sketch I started at Kew Gardens and completed at home. It covers:
- how to get used to a place and find a view to sketch
- how to use your camera as a tool and to collect reference photographs
- developing my version of a thumbnail sketch;
- how to consider and select colours;
- developing a sketch - working plein air and
- finishing - working back home / in the studio.